NITP National Public Relations Secretary – TPL. Ashiru Olugbenga Oladimeji, MNITP
Tpl Olugbenga Oladimeji ASHIRU was born over forty years ago into the popular Ashiru family of Ijebu-Ode, in Ijebu-Ode Local Government Area of Ogun State. His place of birth is Palm Groove in Lagos State. He became a Registered Town Planner in 2010 after obtaining a Professional Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning in 2006. He is a member of the following professional bodies; Nigerian Institute of Town Planners and Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria. His professional achievements in the field of planning are:
- National Public Relations Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (2016- to date).
- Assistant National Public Relations Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (2014- 2016).
- Ex-Officio II, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2015- To date.
- Public Relation/Social Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2010–2011.
- Assistant Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2011 – 2012.
- Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (Ogun State Chapter) 2013– 2015.
- The Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, Ogun State Chapter Revenue Generating committee, 2010.
- The Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners Ogun State Chapter Building Committee, 2008.
- Chairman, NITP Ogun State Chapter, Publication Committee 2010.
As the Public Relations Secretary of Ogun State Chapter; Tpl. Ashiru Olugbenga introduced;
- A monthly news Bulletin Publication called Town Planners Windows.
- Production of season’s greetings cards and vehicle stickers.
- The first Calendar of the State Chapter. (Ogun State)
- The first State Chapter to have a Facebook account on social media. (Ogun State)
- The first State Chapter to have a web site address. (Ogun State)
Tpl Olugbenga Oladimeji ASHIRU has passion to help in building, achieving and or sustaining environmental qualities by putting into use every useful and available resource to enhance value and thereby promoting succession and continuity. It was based on this that he organized lectures for candidates of NITP/TOPREC exam and TOPREC exam for the past nine years in Ogun state, the lectures has produced many registered Town Planners across the state. He was employed into the Ogun State Civil Service as a Higher Technical Officer in 2004 his working experiences and designations are as follows;
- National Youth Service Corps, Kebbi State Ministry of Environment, Kebbi State (2001) – Higher Technical Officer (Town Planning).
- Ministry of Urban and Physical Planning /Urban and Regional Planning Board, Governor’s Office, Ogun State (2004– Till Date).
- Higher Technical Officer (2004).
- Town Planning Officer (2010).
- Senior Town Planning Officer (2011).
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Ifo Zonal Planning Office (2007).
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Ota Zonal Planning Office (2011).
- Chief Executive Officer, Ogijo Zonal Planning Office (2011).
- Chief Executive Officer, Mowe/Ofada Zonal Planning Office (2012-2016).
- Chief Executive Officer, Abeokuta Central Zonal Planning Office (2016- Till Date).
He has contributed in so many ways to improve the profession in the State, and all this effort was crowned in 2012 when he was chosen after an interview by foreign investors as one of the two Town Planners sent on training to Malaysia by the Ogun State Government on the Mission to Rebuild project (Abeokuta City Centre and new town development). Some of the technical functions he was involved in are.
- Preparation of layout and reports on schemes for Government land;
- Inspection and recommendation on applications for layout approval for private schemes;
- Identification of settlements within Government Secretariat acquisition for the purpose of resettlement and compensation;
- Review of land use maps for some major towns in Ogun State (Abeokuta, Ifo, Ogijo, Mowe and Ota).
- Development control activities (Monitoring of physical developments, Plan processing and granting of development permits / approvals);
- Member Technical team of the Ogun Stea Regional Development Plan (2005 – 2025)
- Member technical team OSUTH Master Plan Sagamu.
- Involved in the Urban Renewal design proposal for Ogun State Major town.
He has received various awards and certificates among which are;
- An Honorary Award (Icon of Hope) Urban and Regional planning students association of Nigeria (2015)
- Most promising Town Planners in Ogun State (2015), Nigerian University Engineering Student Association (FUNAAB).
- Most Supportive Alumi (2008) National Association of Town Planning Student (MAPOLY).
- NYSC Kebbi State Award for 2001 service year.
- Most Outstanding (H.O.C) Head of Class (1998-1999).
As a Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Ota Zonal planning officer he mobilized and guide an NYSC Corp member Eng Bukola Tekode to build an additional two additional office and renovate the office for good working environment, he also secured additional space for the Ogijo Zonal Planning Office, while in Mowe/Ofada Zonal Planning Office with the support of other staff members he mobilized organizations, individuals and Community development association to build a new office structure which is at 90% stage completion.
Tpl. Olugbenga Oladimeji ASHIRU has some skills and qualities which includes;
- Excellent communication skill and interpersonal skill.
- Ability to work in a team and result oriented.
- Proficient in the use of computer software.
His hobbies and interest includes, Sports, Travelling, Reading, Writing, Music and Meeting People.