NITP 2nd National Vice President
Olutoyin Adedamola Ayinde, is the 2nd National Vice President of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners. Born on Monday, 24th August, 1959, to Oluyemi Ayinde and Olajumoke Ogunlewe, he started his educational voyage at the Infant 1 Class of the Apostolic Church Primary School, Ebute-Metta in January, 1965. In January 1966, he joined his parents who got transferred to Kaduna in October 1965 where he started his primary school education in Baptist Day School, Abubakar Kigo Road, Kaduna. He later proceeded to Baptist High School, Jos for his secondary school education between 1971 and 1975.
His pursuit of higher education brought him back south to Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos, where he enrolled for the Ordinary Diploma in Town and Regional Planning from 1976 to 1978. After obtaining the Ordinary Diploma in 1978, he took up employment with the Lagos State Ministry of Works and Planning in 1978 as an Assistant Technical Officer (Planning) and worked with the Master Plan Project Unit where he participated with United Nations Experts, in the studies and fieldwork that led to the preparation of the Lagos Metropolitan Master Plan and Lagos State Regional Plan of 1980. In October 1979, he resigned his appointment and returned to Yaba College of Technology for further studies. He graduated with a Higher Diploma in 1981, after which he proceeded to Ahoada, Rivers State for his NYSC.
In 1983, he started his full career as a Town Planning employee in DARCHIWORKGROUP, a firm of Architects and Planners, where he proved himself capable of dispensing with services equivalent to that of a professionally registered planner. His first assignment, the Master Plan for Federal University of Technology, Akure brought to light the potential he had in him.
As a registered professional Town Planner, the experience garnered through training, by share providence over the years, afforded him the opportunity to maintain a cordial professional working relationship with colleagues in the built environment professions while participating in a number of projects where he played leading roles. This has directly affected his approach and style of practice, which also reflects his interest in project presentations. It is the reason why he appreciates details and he is meticulous in the assignments he is privileged to handle.
- Urban Fringe Area Survey, an input in the preparation of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Master Plan and Lagos State Regional Plan 1980-2000
- National Ecumenical Centre, Abuja
- AFN Sports Complex Ejigbo Lagos
- Planning, coordination and supervision of Adegunwa Lecture Theatre, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State
- Industrial Layout for Doyin Group of Companies, Okokomaiko, Lagos
- Detailed Planning of National Memorial Park, Abuja
- Urban Renewal of Badia, Lagos State
- Master Plans for Federal University of Technology, Akure, Dutse, Jigawa State Capital City Bwari, Satellite Town of Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Elizade Polytechnic Ilaramokin Campus.
- Development Plan for Bluestone Resort City, Ofada
- Development Plan for Iba New Town, Lagos State
- Development Plan for Lekki Foreshore Scheme, Lagos State
- Infrastructure Provision for Fairmont Garden Scheme, Lagos State
- Development Plan for Sangotedo Mixed Development Scheme, Lagos State
- Redevelopment Plan for Ajelogo/Akanimodo, Mile 12, Lagos State
- General Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, Lagos State Chapter, 1994-1996.
- First Assistant National Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, 1998-2000
- National Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, 2000-2002
- Immediate Past National Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, 2002-2004
- Member, Practice Committee, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, 2002-2006
- Vice-Chairman, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, Lagos State Chapter, 2004-2006
- Chairman, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners, Lagos State Chapter, 2006 to 2008
- Chairman, Practice Committee of Nigerian Institute of Town Planners 2008 – 2010
- Facilitating Member, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners Scale of Fees for Professional Services Review Committee 2010 – date
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Town Planners Conflict Resolution Committee assigned to Anambra and Delta State Chapters 2010
- Elected Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners in August 2010
- Read TPL Ayinde’s full profile here