The Ag National President, Tpl Luka B Achi; FNITP had today, AUGUST 02, 2016 inaugurated the NOMINATION and ELECTION COMMITTEE of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners to kick-start one of the Constitution requirements for the elections of Members into the various positions in the National Council of the Institute.
The inauguration is in fulfillment of the provisions of the constitution, particularly Part IV Section 6.0, Part VI Section 11 and all other Council approvals in connection with electoral matters.
The Four-man Committee is headed by a seasoned and highly respectable Past President of the Institute, Tpl Jehu Gwani; FNITP, PPNITP. Members of the Committee are made up of:
- Tpl Val Ezenwa; FNITP Member
- Tpl (Dr) D Olakunde; FNITP Sec/Member
- Tpl BG Madziga; MNITP ES/Co-opted Member.
In his inaugural speech, the Ag NP thanked the Chairman and members for accepting this difficult job for the Institute and, especially Past President Tpl Jehu Gwani; FNITP, PPNITP who had scarified a lot over the formative years for the Institute. The Ag NP went further to promise the Committee the Institute’s support in ensuring the Committee does its job without fear or favour.
In his response and on behalf of the Committee, the Chairman felt honoured to be called upon for this job. He promised to do their best and fulfil the provisions of the 2010 NITP Constitution. He also pledged Member’s loyalty to the Institute and would do their best to be neutral, fair and transparent in the discharge of their duties.
The positions open for elections are:
- National President
- 1st National Vice President
- 2nd National Vice President
- National Secretary
- 1st Assistant National Secretary
- 2nd Assistant National Secretary
- National Treasurer
- National Financial Secretary
- National Auditor
- National Public Relations Secretary
- Assistant National Public Relations Secretary
- Ex-Officio 3
- Ex-Officio 4
- Chairman Practice Committee
- Chairman Publications Committee
- Chairman Membership Committee
- Chairman Education Committee
- Chairman Professional Ethics and Disciplinary Committee
- The Current Ex Officio 1 continues in office due to the demise of the late National President, (Tpl ‘Femi Olomola; Ph D, FNITP, PPNITP) in the National Executive Committee
- National Secretary is the Ex. Officio 2 in the National Executive Committee
CLOSING Date: 30th September, 2016Download Election Form