News from the States
The Abia State Chapter recently held its silver jubilee. Here are the highlights:
1. A road walk from Okpara square to Ministry of Lands, Survey and Urban Planning Office , Umuahia.
2. The Chapter Chairman Tpl (Elder) Nelson C. Nwaosu and Members paid a Courtesy visit to the Honourable Commissioner for Lands, Surveys and Urban Planning. Bar. Uche Ihediwa, Permanent Secretary Min of Physical Planning, Mrs Nwakanma, The Commissioner in His address advised planners to always embrace professionalism in discharging their duties.
He stresses the need for producing Master Plan and other Planning tools in regulating the growth of our cities.
3. A press conference was addressed by Elders in the profession to discussed the achievements of the Institute in the past 25 years.
4. Foundation laying of the Abia Chapter Secretariat Building was carried out by the Governor Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu represented by the Deputy Governor RT. Hon. Udo Okor Chukwu. The Governor stated the state government efforts and plans put in place in ensuring quality, livable and sustainable settlements for the State.
The event has in attendance the following:
- The National President Tpl Luka Achi fnitp
- The 1st National Vice President Tpl Lekwa Ezuta fnitp
- The 2nd National Vice President Tpl Olutoyin Ayinde fnitp
- Past National Presidents of NITP
- Tpl Chijioke L. Odimuko fnitp ppnitp
- Tpl D. C Obialo ppnitp fnitp
- Tpl Dr Steve Onu ppnitp fnitp
- Tpl Austin U. Ukanwa 2nd Ass. National Secretary.
- Bayelsa State Chapter Chairman,
- Traditional Ruler Eze Aguiyi of Ndume Ibeku,
- Others are The State Director Town Planning Tpl Cbibueze E. Nwaogwugwu,
- Commissioner Boundaries and Disputes matters
- Chairman APBN Abia Chapter,
- Traditional Rulers
- Professionals in the Building Industry and a host of others.
5. Anniversary lecture THE ROLE OF PUBLIC IN PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING was delivered by Tpl (PROF) Smart Uchegbu, Deputy V. C University of Nigeria, Nsukka. In His lecture He pointed out that there should be a synagy between the profession and the public to ensure conducive environment.
6. The anniversary book review was done by Tpl.Nathaniel M. Atebije fnitp while the unveiling of the book was carried out by The National President Tpl Luka B. Achi fnitp
Merit awards were given to
1. Bar. Eze Madugba,
2. Chief Anthony O. Enukeme
3. Bro Emma Okorie,
4. Prince Vincent Ogbulafor
5. Prof Awa Kalu SAN
For their contribution to Planning in the State.
Tpl Ashiru Olugbenga Oladimeji
National Public Relations Secretary