The 2013 International Conferences, Seminars, Workshops and Exhibitions are basically to provide capacity development for members.
The programmes will expose them to International best practices in the various aspects of Urban and Regional Planning.
They are also forums where professionals benefit from new trends and focus in the development processes. These meetings create awareness on global trends in climate change and its various impacts as well as their mitigations and adaptation processes. They are exposed to how best issues like green gas emission are being contained in advanced countries.
In addition, the global competitiveness of cities with focus on foreign investments attractiveness, economic growth, and infrastructure and slum reduction are topical which participants can benefit from immensely. Also issues of the sustainability of the environment are well dealt with, with emphasis on green design, greening building and the general energy reduction are essential training Planners must benefit from to be relevant in the global village.
American Planning Association:
Payment Deadline: March 30, 2013
Date: April 13-17, 2013
Venue: Chicago, USA
Registration fees: USD 1,045 ( ₦170,000)
Visa Processing, Admin Charges, Accommodation, 1 night: ₦65,00o
Airfare…varies with Vehicle: ₦300,00o
Total Estimate: ₦535,0000
South Africa, Johannesburg
Payment Deadline: April 15, 2013
Date: May 29-31, 2013
Theme: Mixed Use Development.
Days 1& 2: There are eight plenary sessions in the first two days.
Stream 1. Master planning & sustainability (2days) | Stream 2. Commercialization & development(2days)
Day 3: Post conference workshop; there will be 5 session with various sub-themes.
2 days = $1,895+VAT
3 days = $2,935+VAT
$2,890×160 = N462,400+VAT
Depending on the Airline, N200, 000
NOTE: PASSENGERS OUTSIDE LAGOS WILL ATTRACT LOCAL FLIGHT of ₦50,000
Visa Processing and Admin = N50, 000
One Night Hotel Accommodation: N20, 000
Participants from Lagos: N782, 400
Outside Lagos: N832, 400
NOTE – YELLOW CARD IS MANDATORY FOR PARTICIPANTS | (NITP GROUP REGISTRATION MAY ATTRACT 10% SAVINGS)
UNITED KINGDOM (MANCHESTER)
Chartered Institute of Housing Conference and Exhibition 2013
Date: 25-27th June 2013
Venue: Manchester Central, UK
Payment Deadline: April 30th 2013
It is the leading event for social and affordable housing in the UK bringing Housing Association, ALMOS and local authorities together with the private and voluntary sectors. Conference delegates explore key issues hitting the sector, share best practice and debate on solutions to both current and future challenges.
Focus: Growth | Competition and Dynamism | Social Impact | People
Delegate Package & fees- CIH member 13% price advantage
Non CIH member – Full Package – £790
Booking received up to April 12, 2013, book 4 full delegates and get 5th full delegate free.
Registration: $790 (N200,000)
Visa Fees and Admin Charges: 60000
Air Fare: N200,000-N250,000
Reg. & hotel will attract VAT as additional cost.
Weitz Centre for Development Studies
1. Agricultural Technologies: Technologies, Policies, Strategies and Support System
Date: June 9th -15th, 2013.
The program will enable participants to gain knowledge and experiences regarding:
– Technological innovations for agriculture upgrading.
– Irrigation systems, equipment & management support
– Support system for small and medium enterprises for agricultural development
– Community asset based development framework for rural revitalization.
– Visit to Holy Sites.
Participants: Minimum 10
$3,180 per participant
7 Nights in a double room (N510,000)
single room – N497,000
Flight fare – N300,000
Visa Fees and Admin – N50, 000
Total Estimate: N847,600
Note – $800, Scholarship on application
2. Start-Up Nation: Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Local Development
Date: June 16th -22nd, 2013
– The programme will introduce participants to the eco system of innovation and entrepreneurship
– The role of government to foster research and development
– Academia and industrial linkages transfer knowledge company, applied research and other cooperation
– Venture capital in Israel
– Support system for idea to commercialization, IPR protection, incubators SME support centres and entrepreneurship programmes.
– Human capital, the role of education and harnessing of immigrants assets
– Innovation and entrepreneurship impacts on development processes at local levels
Total cost will cover the following:
– Field visit and professional meetings
– Professional guides.
– Transport in Israel.
– Half board accommodation in a hotel in the city centre of Tel AVIV
– Visit to Holy Sites
$3,250 per participant = ₦520,000
Flight fare = ₦300,000
Visa fees/ Admin = ₦50,000
Total Estimate = ₦870,000
3. Municipal Platforms for Urban Development
Date: June 1st -8th, 2013
Deadline: April 30th, 2013
– Organisation and financial framework
– Israel’s experience in PPP
– Integrated approach to upgrading poor urban area.
– City marketing and banding
– Urban economic development
– Municipal platforms to strengthen SME’s and urban innovation etc
Cost per participant per day half board in luxury apartments single room = $239
Total for 7 nights = $1673
Total cost Estimate = Reg + Acc = ₦267,680
Airfare = ₦300,000
Visa + Admin = ₦50,000
4. Water and other Technology Innovations for Local Development
Date: October 20th -26th, 2013
Reg + Accom: $ 3180 for 7nights = ₦510,000
Visa + Admin: ₦ 50,000
Total Estimates: ₦860,000
(USD 800 Scholarship available on request)
Professional Development Programme on Canadian Sustainable Urbanization for Practitioners: Ottawa, Toronto and Beyond.
By: OZ CONSULTING FIRM AND THE DEPARTMENT OF URBAN DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT AT THE DILLON CONSULTING FIRM, ONTARIO, CANADA.
The Programme is facilitated by members of Canadian Institute of Planners, Members of Professional Planners Institute and Specialists in Sustainable Urban Planning, design and development.
– A welcome reception with the Nigerian High Commissioner in Ottawa
– Training seminars
– Site visits – Oshawa, Ottawa and Toronto to help participants learn about Urban Sustainability, housing, transportation, waste management and green infrastructure.
– Sustainable Community Planning & Design
– Integrated Community Sustainability
– Sustainable Transportation
– Waste Management and remediation solution
– Solid and organic waste recycling
– Waste management strategy Development.
– Sustainable development policies, norms and regulations
– The role of legislation in the planning framework
– Jurisdiction and interrelations of Planning Legislation etc.
No of Participants – (30-35) minimum
Break down of the fees per participant
Return flight to Nigeria $1,700
Single flight from Ottawa USD 120
Hotel & breakfast for 7days
USD 500 for 2 persons
USD 780 single occupants
Total 2 persons per room = $3620 N 579,200
I person per room ( $3900)
Visa, Admin & insurance N65,000
Total Estimates N 644,200
Other Up Coming Events
Institute of Housing Studies, Netherlands
International Builders Show, USA, Las Vegas.
Thanks for reading.To attend any of the conferences, send an email to email@example.com